Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vintage Ballet Costumes

I love ballet and used to enjoy season's tickets in New York but sadly my girlfriend (who was my partner in crime and shall remain nameless-Margot) got a little too busy with her expanding family to recommit.On one of our last ballet jaunts I  foolishly wore new and very uncomfortable boots which I seriously considered trading for ballet point shoes on sale at intermission.I had to down a glass of wine just to walk out to the car (yeouch!).These lovely close ups of ballet costumes are intriguing because of the details and workmanship visible, something that's completely lost on the big stage.Images from NYC Ballet and Carin Ingalsbe.

1 comment:

  1. Exquisite details and workmanship...this rivals anything on the couture runways!
    Have a great week!
    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete